Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help plz

• Please log in to reply

george10

george10

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi im new to the forums and ive recently well 2nite it happened i received a trojan.
I have avg free edition which updates everyday, now to the trojan. I opened something
up on the screen that was an advert or something (tried to close advert and clicked
wrong bit) and now my avg says I have a trojan which was moved to virus vault but
not healed i then went ahead and deleted the trojan from avg. On the bottom right of
my screen was a red circle with an x through it while flashed alternately with a blue shield
saying ive been infected but when i tried to right click or left click to close it a window
would pop up now I'm worried that because i clicked it (the advert) the trojan was
activated and already done what ever it was meant to do or if my avg stopped it in its
tracks. Also when i deleted the trojan from avg if thats it actually away or if its still
on my computer i don't know the name of trojan as i deleted it straight away and
shutdown the computer so I'm now using my laptop to send this post. I also understand
that a trojan is used to collect data like passwords or bank details which is upsetting and
the reason for me posting this I appreciate any help to my situation thanx

Advertisements

koko_crunch

koko_crunch

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,751 posts
Hey george10, welcome to Geeks to Go!

I would like to help you with your problem but you have to post a HijackThis log first. This will help me determine what type of infection is present on your system.

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.