Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

neighbours spoiling my pc

• Please log in to reply

arpitt

arpitt

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
my littile neighbours ( childerns ) spoil my pc by playing game always on it.

i cannot stop all of them. can any body suggest how can i show them that my pc is not working now becuase of this --------( whatever)----- error has been occur .

plese tell me any trick, twick, any thing in your mind.

Advertisements

mash potato

mash potato

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Removed inappropriate advice.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I would not follow mash potato's suggestion at all. As a site that is continually combating viruses, we will not condone even mimicking a virus. Arpitt, if these are someone else's children, not yours, why do they even have access to your PC? I would suggest several things for you:

• Try to make your PC physically secure so the children can't even get to it, such as putting it in a locked room
  • Password protect your PC - that way, they won't be able to access it (see below)
  • Ask the childrens' parents to please keep their children away from your PC.

Are you using Windows XP? If so, go to Start > Control Panel and select User Accounts. On the Pick a Task... screen, choose the account you wish to change. On the next page, choose Create a Password.

mash potato

mash potato

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
ma bad shouldn't of suggested that

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Like Sari said, why don't you just ask the kid's parents?

~~~
another option is something i do when i don't want people to mess with my computer.

leave your computer on and bring up Task manager and go to the processes tab.

Under the processes tab, find the process called "EXPLORER.EXE" Highlight it and click end process.

You should notice that your computer is just a Background now. They won't be able to click anything without either restarting EXPLORER.EXE in task manager
or restarting the computer

If you want to restart EXPLORER.EXE just go back into Task Manager and on the top corner there should be "FILE" click it and select "NEW TASK (RUN..)" and type in EXPLORER.EXE

Remember to Close and save all documents before doing this!!!!

~~~

You could always unplug the mouse and keyboard O.o

~~~
I hope i'm not breaking any rules! if i am, please delete my post!

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
i like the idea of ending explorer.exe
thats a good trick