Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Time pc loose wires

• Please log in to reply

poppy6

poppy6

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Silly me -- while working inside my Time tower mod . 286k01GB I,ve pulled off the plugs on the motherboard ( six including the internal speaker ) which fit on 15 pins ! these wires go to the power on and loading and reset on the front . Whats the chance of anyone knowing the correct repositioning of these ?
thanks Geoff

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Take a guess. You won't do any damage.
Just connect the power switch to two adjacent pins, then see if the system starts when you press the power button. If it doesn't, move the switch along. Repeat until you find the appropriate pin setting.
Once you've found the power switch, the others normally only go around it. If the LEDs are the wrong way round the lights just won't work. Most cases the pins are labelled anyway.

poppy6

poppy6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks NEIL Worked atreat Geoff