Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Scanner

• Please log in to reply

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Okay, my parents are looking into getting a new scanner. Its okay if it is an all-in-one, or just a standalone scanner. The only requirement is that it is a GOOD scanner. They are the type were price matters, but they will still get a higher end item. So my Mom told me $120 as a limit, which may or may not be the actual limit. Please give some suggestions, with at least one being under $120. Who knows, if you guys tell me a high quality scanner with a low price, I might be able to get them to get me a printer. I would try to look at some scanners myself, but I have read that sellers like to flat out lie about the true specs of printers.

Remember, high quality is a requirement.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have had the best printer-scanner-fax machine when i bought a H-P 6200. Heres a newer model in the price range.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16828104640

What i like about H-P printers is that the "print head" is on the ink cartridge and not built into the printer itself, so if problems occur with the ink drying out an new cartridge fixes it. Some printers i had to replace the printer because of this problem. The H-P 6200 i have is 3 years old now. Still works great.

SRX660

Sistema

Sistema

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Answering to your question I suggest you to visit TestFreaks, choose Scanners category and sort models by score:
http://www.testfreak...ers/?sort=score
Such way you'll see which scanners have the best ratings, based on expert and user reviews from all over the world.
The best scores of $120 scanners have Canon CanoScan models.
I would recommend you Canon CanoScan 8800F, as I'm it's owner myself :)

Edited by Sistema, 06 April 2008 - 05:25 PM.

Granz00

Granz00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I think they are interested in the CanoScan 8800f. Thanks for the replies and I think this has come to a conclusion.