Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

software problems

• Please log in to reply

snooplove

snooplove

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
i had a program(registry mechanic)which repairs problems in my computer,but i can't repair them (cause of an online game
which have provide me many problems) with it and i would like you to provide new solutions to fix those problems.

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there,

What problems are you having? Do you know what caused these problems (like a specific program)? A bit more information is needed.
Some "problems" listed by registry cleaners are just simple leftovers from uninstalled programs etcetera and if there is nothing noticeable performance-wise I would really recommend leaving it alone.

Mike

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
if you know about registry mechanic it fixes the software problems and the computer works better.i have this problem from the online game lineage2 where i had to restart and restart my computer all day because i stuck.i have never see those problems because there are in windows logistic.i don't know if the game caused these problems or the restarting from the button in tower,i just know that when i was addicted with that game i was finding more and more problems everyday and i couldn't fix them.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

if you know about registry mechanic it fixes the software problems and the computer works better.i have this problem from the online game lineage2 where i had to restart and restart my computer all day because i stuck.i have never see those problems because there are in windows logistic.i don't know if the game caused these problems or the restarting from the button in tower,i just know that when i was addicted with that game i was finding more and more problems everyday and i couldn't fix them.(when you will help me with this problem i will tell you for another and then i am ok).

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
I do know about registry mechanic and what it does, what I am saying is basically not to fix what isn't broken. Registry "problems" that are caught by these programs are usually empty items such as leftovers from a un-installed program (missing references etc..), they help to maintain your registry and are a good maintenance tool to have but unless your getting bad errors (like BSOD) it is good to just leave it be as it is simple to mess up . What the game did to you I cannot say, it looks harmless and the only reason I can think of why it could have given you performance issues (like your computer freezing when playing) is if your computer didn't meet the games requirements.

What I need to know to even try and help is what problems you are having. Give me a description, tell me the error you get, tell me what registry mechanic tells you. Without knowing this its impossible to help.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Suerte, 04 April 2008 - 02:46 PM.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
first of all registry mechanic does not repair everything e.x.i find 1367 problems and it repairs 4.secondly i have this problem with freezing my pc load too slow even if i just only in the internet searching different things.i dont't get an error i just can't play from when i found those problems(now i play call of duty2)and i freeze all day and then i have to restart my pc from the button in the tower and it runs slow.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
and what BSOD?

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
First off, I KNOW what registry mechanic does, since I have used it myself, I also KNOW the types of "problems" it finds which usually aren't really problems just leftovers like I have said.
BSOD means blue screen of death which is something you don't want to be getting.
Now if I understand what your problem is, your computer is running slow and freezing? What are your computer specs?

http://users.telenet...uter.html<br />

Go through this article by miekiemoes and see if it helps speed up your computer.

to speed up start up.. go to start > run type msconfig in the box that appears. Click on the startup tab

Please try and provide some information since there can be thousands of reasons why your computer is slow, uncheck every item a few items at a time if you are not sure what you can disable (Google will help you with this). Unchecking them will not delete them so if you find its necessary to have then just re-check the item.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by Suerte, 05 April 2008 - 06:34 AM.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
first of all i have to tell you that sometimes (one time in two months) i get this BSOD.secondly i am going to give you my specs of what i should check in the site you show me:
1)windows XP
2)Intel ®
3)Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
4)512 MB RAM
i have only one antivirus NOD3.2 which i can't update and basically don't work when i am going to update it it gives me error
^downloaded file is damaged^ .
when i want to unistall programs i go to control panel and i delete the leftovers files from ^program files^.
i have unistall the unwanted files.
i have Defragment all of my drivers.

if i have done them right as the site you show me tells and it works i will tell you otherwise i will wait new message.

e.g when you mean check how i should do this???

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
i found how i check my drivers.

Advertisements

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
THANKSSSSSS!!!you are the best i have done what the site tells and i have to say that i have never saw call of duty2 to load in 2 seconds even in the computer of a friend who has done the latest updates.

Thanks

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Thats great to hear!

i have only one antivirus NOD32 which i can't update and basically don't work when i am going to update it it gives me error

This isn't though, without updating your antivirus it's only a matter of time before you get infected, uninstall NOD32 and reinstall it that should replace any corrupt files.

tell you that sometimes (one time in two months) i get this BSOD

This could mean that your hardware is failing, something that is beyond my knowledge and that one of the Techs here would be much more adept to dealing with this.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by Suerte, 05 April 2008 - 08:34 AM.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
actually i couldn't remember the word before i have see BSOD only 2 times from 2002 i have taken pc.i meant before that the second time was 2 months ago.and if you know anything about NOD can you saw me the site because i had took it from a friend and now that i unistalled as you said i don't have the setup.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
i haven't understand something.does registry mechanic usefull or not?

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
if you find NOD32 please be free i am 15 years old i can't buy it.