I have a Netgear DG834v3 ADSL router and my internet provider is talktalk. I have 4 pcs/laptops using this router 2 pcs which are using XP and 2 laptops using Vista. 1 of the Vista laptops works fine the other......well i'm lucky if i can get a 30bytes/sec speed when connecting to the internet.
I'll outline the various things i have done....
- Virus/Spyware/CCleaner etc
- Updated Firmware on router
- Moved Pc's and laptops around to determine if there ia a fault with the wires of the router
- Disconnected router and reconnected it again + then returned to factory settings
- Ensured Firewalls are off on Windows so that there is no conflict with netgears firewalls
- Turned all the other pc's/laptops off to see if this has an effect on the speeds of the remainding laptops
- Put the laptop back to factory settings to ensure there was no software conflicts
- Disabled/enabled various add-ons
- Turned phishing filter off
- Rolled back and then updated drivers for the NIC
- Turned Windows defender off and then on again
- Checked that there was no evidence of Mcafee on my system
- As the laptop was under warranty i requested that a new systems board was put in to laptop
- Changed DNS settings to open DNS ones
Finally i took the laptop round to a friends house and hey presto it worked fine through their wired router!!!!
BUT....that doesn't help me
If you can think of anything else that i have overlooked please can you advise me.