Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Urgent] No start up, weird noises. [FIXED]

• Please log in to reply

Rickie

Rickie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Some new RAM arrived today, and I replaced my old RAM. Only one of the modules seemed to work, but the computer randomly started restarting back. Which was bad enough.

So I put the original AM back in and now it doesn't start at all. The monitor goes into sleep mode 'cause nothing's being sent to it, and the computer makes a weird beeping noise like: "Deh deh deh...dooooo.."

Need...help...

EDIT: without the RAM, it makes a different noise. A long beep, then a pause, then a long beep and so on..

Otherwise, no matter what RAM or much I use, or what slot, I get that 3 beeps a pause, then a long beep.

EDIT2: Well, motherboard and RAM all dead apparently. Professionally fixed.

Edited by Rickie, 07 April 2008 - 01:38 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It sounds like the ram isn't inserted properly and making connection. A continual beep using means there is no ram present, or at least recognized.

Rickie

Rickie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I've tried with the original RAM, new RAM and no RAM. it makes no difference anymore, it just won't start. Just the weird noises.