Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download issue?

• Please log in to reply

jheinz2

jheinz2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just experienced the same problem on a computer I was working on. It began right after I installed CA Antivirus Suite. Turns out, after I disabled the CA Firewall and enabled Windows XP default firewall, my problem went away. Not sure why, could not find any settings regarding downloads. This interested me because it didn't seem to matter which browser I was using.

Hope this helps you!

Advertisements

jheinz2

jheinz2

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have just experienced the same problem on a computer I was working on. It began right after I installed CA Antivirus Suite. Turns out, after I disabled the CA Firewall and enabled Windows XP default firewall, my problem went away. Not sure why, could not find any settings regarding downloads. This interested me because it didn't seem to matter which browser I was using.

Hope this helps you!

After doing a little more digging, read below:

about .efw, you can try this:
1. Open CA Personal Firewall and click on Email icon on the left.
2. Set the Inbound & Outbound Email Protection to Off. (CA AV & antispam will protect your email, not in firewall)

This solved my problem as well as turning off CA Firewall all together. Whichever option you prefer