Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All web pages have white background

• Please log in to reply

bogged

bogged

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi everyone. My problem is that every web page I visit has a white background. Everything else seems ok, like banner advertisments are still there, and the text is all there, but the background is all white.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Wayne.

Advertisements

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
bogged,

Follow the threads on the following site:

http://www.daniweb.c...thread5704.html

As this thread seems to offer solutions to the EXACT issue that you're experiencing.

Hope this helps.

- John Hook

bogged

bogged

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for the help mate.
I tried all the things they suggested on the link page, but it didn't help.

All help is appreciated. Any other ideas?

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
An alternative if you're comfortable with it is to switch over to Firefox.
It's much more secure then Internet explorer and to my likings easier to work with too.
http://www.google.co...G=Google zoeken

Follow that link to a googlesearch for a firefox download :)

Regards,
Olrik

P.S. If switching is a no no i'll do some research on this.

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
bogged,

First, check in IE's Tools, Internet Options, click on the Colors button on the "General" tab - there may be something set wrong here. Also look at IE's Tools, Internet Options and click on the "Accessibility" button. Both of these options can potentially over-ride the background colors on websites.

Is it possible that you have some Windows Display settings (i.e. Theme, Appearance or Color Quality Setting under Advanced) that has changed since you started having this problem viewing websites?.

It really just sounds like some setting got messed up either in IE or the Windows Display settings.

Hope this helps.

- John

bogged

bogged

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks John Hook :) and everyone that helped. I had a good dig around in Display and found the problem.

I went CONTROL PANEL-DISPLAY-APPEARANCE-ADVANCED tab. Now could someone please tell me what the default colour is for WINDOW ??

Thanks again everyone. Once again this place and the people who contribute to it have excelled themselves, thus stopping the less knowledgable of us from having brain meltdowns.

Wayne.