Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up windows

• Please log in to reply

sweetdreams

sweetdreams

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi.
i had install AVG antivirus and from the next day when i wan to get in my pc it gets slow and the programs don't showed on my pc except if i enter ok on this error ^unable downloading configuration^.i don't know if there is a fault with AVG but from when i installed it i have this error.

Thanks,
kostas

Advertisements

sweetdreams

sweetdreams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
wrong error i have written the error is (unable to load configuration).

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hi.
i had install AVG antivirus and from the next day when i wan to get in my pc it gets slow and the programs don't showed on my pc except if i enter ok on this error ^unable downloading configuration^.i don't know if there is a fault with AVG but from when i installed it i have this error.

Thanks,
kostas

Welcome to G2G :)

Okay, let's try this again so that I understand you better. You have just recently installed AVG Antivirus and the next day your PC booted up significantly slower than it did in the past and your programs aren't showing up, correct? Is the desktop loading?

Can you list your system specifications? How much memory is in the machine?

To topple off that error message "unable to load configuration" I believe you need to run a repair install of AVG Antivirus.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
uninstall avg...use system restore...go back about a week before the problem started...when everything is working normal again...try to reinstall AVG

sweetdreams

sweetdreams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

uninstall avg...use system restore...go back about a week before the problem started...when everything is working normal again...try to reinstall AVG

system restore i am not and an expert?

sweetdreams

sweetdreams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
vorybory i have to say to you that when i open the pc it loads ok but when i get in my profile don't show programs only if i push enter in the error and the desktop don't load just i have to push ok and show me the programs nad continue what i want to do. my specs:windows xp pro sp2
intel® pentium® 4 cpu 3.00 GHz 512 mb ram

sweetdreams

sweetdreams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i am gonna try what vorybory said to repair and i w8 from happyrck explain how do restore

sweetdreams

sweetdreams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
when i had unistall AVG antivirus and log in the error was there i have to say that i have and antispyware and antirootkit should i unistall them?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi sweetdreams,

No you shouldn't uninstall your anti-spyware and anti-rootkit programs. By the way, what specific anti-spyware and anti-rootkit programs do you have installed?

To repair install Windows XP, follow this guide by our very own site Administrator.

Cheers

Troy

EDIT: Try happyrck's suggestion first - on hindsight, a repair install is not the best solution at this stage! Sorry!

Edited by troy, 08 April 2008 - 02:39 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
to use system restore ...click on start..all programs...accessories...system tools...system restore...
there should be a tick in the restore my computer to a earlier time...click next and any of the dates in bold are restore points...pick one about a week prior to when you started having problems...you do that by clicking on the date...click next...follow the screen prompts

sweetdreams

sweetdreams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i have done system restore and i have to say that there is no need to push ok in the error to show me the programs but the error still there.And i am starting that i have got a virus while i installed the AVG i am not so sure.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Please go to the malware forum Start HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then start a new topic in the MALWARE FORUM forum here...