Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help setting up SQL dev envir on my comp

• Please log in to reply

normajean999

normajean999

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone. I am a newbie trying to lget some exposure to SQL 2005 using my home computer. I need to set up a development environment. I have managed to get a trial version of SQL 2005 installed on my computer and I installed IIS from Administrative Tools. I also have Visual Studio installed. My problem? Well how do I make a server and name it so I can get SQL to connect to it? And when I create the server does it ask me or do I need to create a login for it? I don't want to mess something up and suddenly make my computer think it needs a network login though. :) Please help I am SOOOO close!

Thanks

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
You manage it through SQL Server Management Studio

On the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.

A tutorial is here

All the SQL Server Tutorials are Here

You can get all the tutorials, books and documentation from your install: On the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Documentation and Tutorials