Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Windows installation blue screen error

• Please log in to reply

tazical

tazical

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I really hope someone can help with this, as I'm at the end of my wick now!

My PC is a custom built one (bought from an internet company 2 years ago) running Windows XP, with 512MB RAM, using an Asrock P4i65G motherboard.

A few weeks ago it suddenly decided to stop booting up- it would get to a screen saying 'windows was not shut down properly' and gave the options of starting in safe mode, normal mode etc. However, at this point the USB ports would freeze up, and I was unable to enter any mode at all as the keyboard wouldn't work to let me select anything. I could get into the BIOS, and nothing else. I tried another USB keyboard and the same thing happened. I tried a PS2 keyboard and it let me get a little further along in the process but would take me into checkdisk, complete the check and then freeze up again.

I swapped the hard drive for a different one that worked in another PC and it was doing the same thing. Since there was nothing on the hard drive of value, I formatted the original hard drive and tried to re-install windows. It would get to the device driver install stage and then go to a blue screen.

In case it was a RAM problem, I swapped over the memory stick and motherboard, but the same error is still occurring.

The blue screen gives me the following info:

STOP codes: 0x0000007E (0x000005, 0xF87B86FE, 0xF89919CC, 0xF89916C8)

sysaudio.sys 0xF87B86FE
base at F87B2000
date stamp 47cffdab

To sum up, I'm getting errors with a new motherboard, new RAM and a different hard drive. What else could possibly be the problem??

Advertisements