Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overclocking my new pc?

• Please log in to reply

tcook28

tcook28

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Biostar TF560-A2+ motherboard and amd athlon 64X2 5000+ black could I get some help

Advertisements

Sarah Jane Smith

Sarah Jane Smith

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Most newer computers do not need to be overclocked. You will not even notice a performance differnce and you will be risking burning out your processor or frying you motherboard. Overclocking is most suitable for older computers with performance issues Those computers often have trouble meeting basic system requirements to run current software applications. If you want to improve the performance of your computer, get more ram or buy a better video card. If you are dead set on risking everything to see almost no difference, then there are ways to overclock your computer. Sometimes you can increase the clock speed by going into bios. Or on some motherboards you can increase the clock speed by changing a jumper setting on your motherboard. Do a google search for your motherboard's manual and read through it. Look for information on jumper settings and how they relate to clock frequencies. But honestly, don't do it. It's not worth the risk.