Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One ethernet port gone, one to go

• Please log in to reply

frontball13

frontball13

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi again people,

So my great big gamin machine has been givin me close to no grief whatsoever until I restarted it last night after some Vista updates. Now the ethernet port the I always use, (because home.com on that port leads me to my modem setup menu, instead of the other one which leads to a crappy real estate site) has no connectivity anymore. I'm hoping hackers haven't once again managed to bypass my firewalls and bust up my hardware.

Please help me! If I can't get that port back up and running, I'll never be able to interface with my modem again!

PS - I connect through the ports on my nForce 590i motherboard.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try uninstalling the "ethernet network adapter" in Device Manager then reboot. Windows should re-detect and set it up again.

frontball13

frontball13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Sorry, heh, the problem seemed to have resolved itself. Must of been the supplier's end that was causing it. I think the other port just has a higher tolerance for low transfer rates.