Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gdiplus.dll Error in Windows Media Player, Adobe & Other Programs

• Please log in to reply

egdar099

egdar099

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I open Adobe Lightroom, I get an error code that is exception code 0xc0000005, ModName: gdiplus.dll I also receive this error when I attempt to run Windows Media Player 11 or in Windows Movie Maker when I attempt to import an image or video. I have reverted to Media Player 10 and that appears to work. However, these other programs (Adobe, Windows Movie Maker) will NOT run. A couple of weeks ago, the sound went out on my computer. I checked the driver in the device manager, I updated the drivers for my sound card (Yamaha AC-XG) but I noticed a yellow flag next to Windows WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver. Thinking this was a virus, I deleted it. I'm afraid this may be the root of my problem. I do not have the system restore disk (my Sony VAIO Desktop PCV-RX280DS came with Windows ME, anyway) I do have sound on my computer, so that is not the problem. Not sure what to do about the gdiplus.dll errors, however. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements