Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS XP PRO BOOT CD

• Please log in to reply

cameron12345

cameron12345

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone--
This is my first time on Geeks to Go! Was reading some posts, and the website seemed very helpful so I thought i would present my problem to the community. I seem to have LOST my windows XP PRO boot cd. Im not trying to pirate windows xp, i still have the KEY which i paid for. But my question is where can i find a dl to an XP PRO boot CD. I also use powerISO for burning.

THANKYOU for any feedback
Cameron

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to CTH:

If your system is a branded computer (Dell, HP, Compaq, etc), contact the manufacturer for a replacement cd.

If it is a custom build and you used a retail version of XP, then contact XP and they will send you a replacement cd for a nominal cost if you can prove legitimacy of the original install (key code).

That is about all we can help you with here.

Murray

Daz3210

Daz3210

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have asked a similar question elsewhere, but did not get an answer, but is there any way to generate a restore disk from XP?

My brother recently bought a new laptop, and there were no disks with it. When he asked the retailer he was told that is how pre-installed systems tend to come these days!

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy Daz:

In the future, please do not hijack someone else's thread okay. Not kosher at all. :)

Systems are legally required to provide you with either a Recovery/Restore cd or the option to make your own through a program or hidden partition on the harddrive.

Murray

Daz3210

Daz3210

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Sorry.

I was thinking that the same procedure may be a solution for this gentleman.

I humbly apologise.