Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help so far no one can solve it

• Please log in to reply

painter1982

painter1982

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
i set up a network called MySystem Vista laptop finds lexmark z600 series printer on MYSYSTEM. It can access files on the shared files on that same network. Vista attaches wirellessly. Now when i print vista says it sent print job to printer but no printing happens. I can delete the print job but noticed the very first one i tried to print is kinda of stuck invisible. When i go on vista to the printers screen it says one is in queue but nothing on the queue screen when i doubleclick on the printer. When I right click on teh printer and Select clear all documents i get and error message of operation could not be completed error 0x00000005). So any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

fr33zypop

fr33zypop

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Is you printer on a wireless printer server, or is it connected to one of your computers.

If you are on a wireless print server, I would try and install the drivers on both computers and make sure that the install is made to be a network printer.

John Hook

John Hook

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
painter1982,

Can you give some more details about your environment - i.e. make/model of PC, printer. How is the printer connected to your PC or network? Are you running any anti-virus and/or firewall software. I ONLY ask this because I've seen such software BLOCK essential ports for network printing (i.e. NOT a MALWARE concern - but rather a connectivity question).

What about shares? If that printer is attached to a local PC, has it been shared? If so, what are the Share permissions?

A better description of your environment would allow me and others here to provide more useful advice.

- John

painter1982

painter1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hello guys srry for the long delay in responding. My system is the xps 400 with xp media edition 100% fully updated.
Pendium D cpu 2.80ghz 1 gb or ram 150 gig hard drive.. The printer is the lexmark z611 and is attached to the xp system via usb. It has and will always work through xp but like i said when i tell the vista laptop to print it sees the printer and even says it sent the print job but nothing happens. Yes i have the printer shared with the default permissions meaning i right clicked on the printer and said share. I have avast 4.8 home edition. spyware guard is running and windows firewall is on. Any more info i will gladly supply. Thank you.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Painter
1. On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Run.

2. Enter the following:

net stop spooler (and hit enter)

3. Delete all files in the following folder:

C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers

4. Once the spool files are deleted, start the spooler again:

net start spooler

Once we have the print queue clear we will reset the printer connection
Cheers
Peterm

Edited by peterm, 22 April 2008 - 12:25 AM.

painter1982

painter1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
okay typed in net stop spooler. said it was stopping the spooler service.

went to c:/windows/system32/spool/printers

it was empty.

then i started the process back up.

will check in morning to see if works and will reply back.

painter1982

painter1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Still the same results. It send the file but the printer is stupid and doesnt understand computer talk. If there is no way to fix this and everything seems to be fine then u can definietly let me know. May have to downgrade to xp on the vista laptop. Dont want to do it right now but may have to make network work. If anyone esle can help much appreciated.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Has the file gone from the print queue?
If not unplug the printer from the power supply for 10 min to make sure it has flushed everything.
Lets add a copy of the printer and see if it works. I want you to add it this way please
Go to printers - Add Printer.
ChooseAdd a local printer. Click on Create a new port. The default in the drop down box is Local Port. Do not change that. Click Next.
A dialogue box will appear asking for you to enter a port name. Type in the \\computer name\printer name ie. My computer's name is basement and the printer name is EpsonSty so I typed in \\basement\epsonsty
Cheers
Peterm