Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visioneer Paperport 6100B LPT Scanner

• Please log in to reply

agemini68

agemini68

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm hoping that someone here might have a solution to this problem so here goes. I have a Visioneer Paperport 6100B LPT Port scanner and the driver has compatibility issues with XP. I can load it and bring up the program, however the images that I scan come up completely black if using B&W, or purple if using color.

Any ideas besides buying a new scanner? This scanner worked beautifully up until a few months ago when I updated from Windows Me to XP.

I hate to buy new equipment if what I have works great for what I need. My computer knowledge is average.

Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

The software & driver CD supplied with your scanner is not compatible with Windows XP. Windows ME and Windows XP use different driver software and that's the cause of your problem.

Since the scanner connects to the printer port (LPT1) it's probably an old one since most scanners these days are USB models. Because of it's age there is no Windows XP-compatible software for it. It was not designed for Windows XP.

See here: http://support.visio.../home/EOL/6100/

"Not designed for Windows XP"

I'm afraid you will have to buy a new scanner if you want to scan anything with Windows XP.

Edited by pip22, 12 April 2008 - 04:43 AM.