Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio playing in back ground

• Please log in to reply

mizark70

mizark70

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Every so often my computer will have some audio playing in the back ground. Nothing will be running and it will just all the sudden you will start to hear cars or some people talking. Has anyone else had this problem before? If so how in the heck do i get it stop? Thank you for your help.

Mark

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This sounds like it may be radio interference from a radio station, police broadcast or taxi broadcast.
Speakers have their own ferrite coil inside them and this would effectively make them miniature radios, however if the atmospheric conditions are right they'll start picking up and decoding public radio stations and on occasion private transmissions such as CB Radio or police/taxi radio.
Normally this is only a temporary problem as the atmospheric conditions change and the signals fade away.

I have heard this myself on a set of built-in monitor speakers that I no longer own and in their later life they quite regularly picked up what I later found out to be a foreign radio station. Same sort of idea as tuning across the MW/AM frequency on your radio after dark and being able to pick up foreign stations.

mizark70

mizark70

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
The speakers are my internal speakers on my laptop if that would make a difference...Anyways, is there anything I can do to correct this problem, because this has been doing this all day and its driving me nuts lol?

snooker

snooker

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
you can mute your speakers untill a better solution comes a long