Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Computer won't boot up.. very frustrated

• Please log in to reply

samnbz

samnbz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone... new to the forum.
I will start by saying I am computer challenged. My kids are great, but they can't fix this one, so I'm at a loss!
My son's computer got disconnected from it's power source and now is refusing to restart even in safe mode. It says there was something malicious detected, and we need to boot up in safe mode, which also is not working.
Here is the worst part.... I have not yet made recovery DVR's because I was short one disc, and it says you can only do it once!!!! :) I know this is very bad...
I've also tried goinjg back to the most recent configuration that worked, but it just keeps looping through and never starts.
Here are the two error codes I've gotten:
0X0000001E (0XC0000005,0XBF8965EA,0X0000001,0X00000000)
WIN 32k.sys-address BF8965EA base at BF800000, datestamp 367de698

0X000000ED (0X86337538,0XC0000006,0X00000000,0X000000000
I don't know if any of that helps... but I would appreciate ANY advice.
Thanks!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
oX-1e errors are usually memory problem, Reseat the memory and if still no go, replace the memory with known good memory.

oX-ED errors is Un-mountable boot volume. What has probably happened here is the Master boot record has been corrupted.

If possible, and the computer is still under warranty, take it back to to where you bought the computer to have it fixed. If you cannot do this you are going to need a new Recovery CD for the computer. If this is a H-P you can usually buy one from H-P fro about $25. Otherwise you will need to find a XP cd to reinstall on your computer and then find the drivers on the makers website for the computer.

Have you tried hitting the F8 key while the computer is booting up.

You may have damaged the motherboard so it no longer sees all the memory or the hard drive. A good computer shop should be able to tell this with a little testing.

SRX660