Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"found new hardware" alert problem

• Please log in to reply

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
First... I was told to mention (from BHowett) that I "have already been cleared on the malware forum." :) OK... here's my problem....

Every time I start up my computer it says "found new hardware" and the Hardware wizard pops up saying it is looking to instal the software for IVI VIRTUALDRV SCSI Controller. I don't know what this is. I cancel it out and it will pop up 2 more times. I don't have a clue how to fix it and it does it every time I turn the computer on.

Can anyone help? Thank you!!!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like it's an Intervideo SCSI controller that is built into your computer's mother board.

Click on Start the Run, type msinfo32 and press Enter

Click on Components > Storage > SCSI

Copy and Paste what is shown there in a reply to this post please.

I believe you are going to have to load the chipset driver for your computer/mother board but the above will help make sure.

Also, what is the make and model number of your computer? If all this info is in your thread in the malware forum, please post a link to it here.

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
It wont let me copy and paste it so I just typedout what it says (and looks like). But some of the forward slashes are backslashes.......

Name
Manufacturer INTERVIDEO
Status Error
PNP Device ID ROOT/SCSIADAPTER/0000

Name
Manufacturer Not Available
Status Error
PNP Device ID ROOT/SCSIADAPTER/0001

My computer is a HP Pavilion a1340n

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Okay then, that is exactly what I thought it was. You need to install the chipset driver for your computer/mother board.

You didn't post the make and model of your computer or mother board if it's a custom built system. Need that info to proceed.

If it is a custom built machine and you don't know the make and model number of the system board you can get it by installing Everest Home Edition 2.0. Look under MOtherboard / Motherboard for the info.

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I listed it at the end of the post, under the report. Maybe I am giving you right info. Let me know if so.

My computer is a HP Pavilion a1340n. And it is not custom built.

Hope that helps.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Okay, nothing on the HP web site.

I did some more research on this. Do you have or have you ever had Inter videos DVD COPY installed on your computer.

From other posts I've found, it is the source of the IVI VIRTUALDRV SCSI Controller problem.

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
The name sounds very familiar, but I don't see it listed on my programs. So maybe it was deleted at some point? But I definately think I use to have it on my computer when I forst got it.

Hope that helps!!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Have a look at this link and follow the instructions. It deals with the removal of virtual drives left after the removal of Alcohol 120. The problem in your case seems to be of a similar nature, unsuccessful removal of a virtual drive program, though a different one.

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
the link is not working. Can you send me the web address?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You could try sending E-mail to this address, see if they have instructions for removing it: mailto:[email protected]

I've not had any success finding removal instructions on the net.

Advertisements

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Can you just send me the email address (from the link) you orginally sent me.

also.. another ? for you if you don't mind. My computer starting saying something like it can't go in standy mode because of Debug1324... something like that. Can you help with this issue too?

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
oh and if I email them what am I asking them. Instrustions to remove what?

Sorry.. I am clueless.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Tell them what you told us.

Every time I start up my computer it says "found new hardware" and the Hardware wizard pops up saying it is looking to instal the software for IVI VIRTUALDRV SCSI Controller.

and you've been told this may be a remnant of Inter Video DVD COPY that was once installed on your computer and you would like to know how to get rid of it completely.

LaurenBeth

LaurenBeth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I sent an email and it was immediately returned to me saying it "Delivery to the following recipients failed"

Any of other ideas?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
My fault, I forgot to remove the mailto: from the E-mail address. It should be

[email protected]