Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard inputting incorrect keys while playing game

• Please log in to reply

TurnKey

TurnKey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just recently bought a new computer with Windows Vista. Today, the keyboard suddenly started inputting incorrect keys while I was playing World of Warcraft. Outside of the game, the keyboard inputs the correct keys. I have already tried changing the Regional and Language Options, to no avail. Specifically, what would usually be the forward slash key becomes a lowercase, accented 'e', and when shift is applied it becomes an uppercase, accented 'e'; what would normally be the quotation marks key does the same thing, while the uppercase of the period and comma keys become quotation marks; shift+6 becomes a question mark; the grave key becomes backslash/forward slash depending on whether I have the shift key held. Is this a known Vista problem? Is it the work of some kind of malware?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If it is only doing it in-game, then try running the WoW diags, located in the WoW install folder.