Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer slow after Live removal

• Please log in to reply

johnb44

johnb44

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
2 quad 2.4 GHZ 4 MB ram 64 bit
Since loading windows live ( had to to download from Microsoft) my 32 bit explorer loads slow Takes ablout 45 seconds or more the 64 bit works fine. Removed Live and still have eh same problem is there a removal tool for Live?

Reinstalled live ran the tune up from the windows live one care and seems to work fine now also had a problem with the google tool bar that I also reinstalled.

Edited by johnb44, 18 April 2008 - 08:29 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
'Windows Live' is a collection of services which can be downloaded individually -- which particular Windows Live service are you referring to?

johnb44

johnb44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Wimdows live messenger, sign in assistant and tool bar I removed the tool bar with a fix I found online and it seemed to help but is still not back to where it was.
I have visited with quite a few sites and this seems to be a new problem after removal.
It has been suggested I run the update for live after I reinstall it and see what that does.
Also this may just be a fluke that it started with the Live installation and it is another problem altogether.
I will keep plugging away at it and keep this post updated.