Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Takes forever to start - Now I can't log in

• Please log in to reply

Mike S

Mike S

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had a problem with Internet Explorer taking forever to load a page. I followed the START HERE and ran the programs for spyware, etc. The computer rebooted and now I cannot log in.

Dell Latitude C810 Laptop, Windows 2000 Professional, SP2. Now when I try to log in it shows my User Name, I enter my password, I see my background for a second then back to the Welcome to Windows, Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to login!

How can I get into this computer? I can still map C:\ from another PC and see everything, using the same user name, password, so why cannot I log into the computer? Is there a back door?

Help and thanks,
Mike

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Have you tried booting the system in safe mode?

Edited by Titan8990, 15 April 2008 - 01:34 PM.

Mike S

Mike S

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried the Repair option, put in the original Dell Reinstallation CD to do a repair.

Now when it boots up I get the blue screen of death...
STOP: c0000263 (Driver Entry Point Not Found)
The \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\Ivuvc.sys device driver could not locate the entry point KsFilterFactoryUpdateCacheData in driver ks.sys.

It is getting worse, not better.

I try to reboot and I keep getting that screen.

Mike

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Have you made any hardware changes since you purchased your computer?

Edited by Titan8990, 15 April 2008 - 09:24 PM.