Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU voltage/RAM ? help

• Please log in to reply

hitman89x

hitman89x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
it stopped with the restarting..

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Alright. Set the DRAM:PCI ratio to 5:1, and the RAM speed to 166mhz (if the option is available) and the PCI speed to 33mhz (if the option is available) and leave the rest of the settings on default. See if the new RAM works now.

hitman89x

hitman89x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok, thank you, that solves the problem of it not getting past the intel screen.. it works now at full speed, but now i have another issue.... i cant start windows up normally.. im in safe mode right now..

hitman89x

hitman89x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Also, i tried using my xp pro disc and using the repair option but i got the BSOD

it siad Stop: 0x0000007e (0xc000000s, 0xf78b9b7b, 0xf7c79400,0xf7c790fc)

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
A repair install won't help if this is a hardware problem. Do you get the same BSOD when trying to start Windows in normal mode?

Can you verify the machine still boots up okay with the old RAM? Can you verify the BIOS settings with the new RAM (CPU and RAM speeds and voltages)?

hitman89x

hitman89x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i think, i fixed my issue myself. i forgot my BIOS was not up to date and i read what the ERROR was and it said some thing about the BIOS being up to date.. so i updated and im running in normal now and my voltage went up to 1.15 instead of 1.8

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Great news. So are you all set now with everything working as it should? Please stop by again if anything starts acting up.

hitman89x

hitman89x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
yes i believe i'm all set ^.^ thank you sooooo much for taking the time to help me i probably would have never figured it out. LOL >.<