Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:16 AM
Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:43 AM
Click on each area where you have the problem.
Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:46 AM
my bet is the power supply is either bad or not enough wattage for your system...
no mobo beeps and nothing on the screen
give us your system spec's
Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:03 PM
2GB Mushkin DDR2 800
ASUS M2N32-SLI mobo
PNY Verto 8800GTS 320Mb video card
Coolmax CUG-700b 700W powersupply--all cables are modable
Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:26 PM
1) Remove EVERYTHING from the case
2) Set the motherboard on a non conductive surface. The motherboard box is perfect for this. .DO NOT PLACE THE MOTHERBOARD ON THE STATIC BAG! The outside of some of these can actually conduct electricity! We are going to try and assemble a running system outside of the case.
3) Install the CPU and heat sink.
4) Install the RAM ...only install 1 stick for DDR...DDR2...DDR3 and SDRAM, 2 for RDRAM)
5) Install the video card. Do make sure the card is FULLY seated.
6) Connect the monitor to the video card.
7) Connect the power supply to the motherboard.
8) Connect power to the power supply
9) Do NOT connect ANYTHING else. Make sure you have the power connector on the CPU fan connected.
10) Use a small screwdriver to momentarily short the power switch connector on the motherboard.
If all is well, it should power up and you should get a display. You now have found you have a mounting problem. The board is shorting to the case.
If not, then you most likely have a faulty component. You will need to swap parts with known good units ie power supply, cpu, ram, video card.
Edited by happyrck, 19 April 2008 - 05:28 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users