Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word Document spacing

• Please log in to reply

damane

damane

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Typed up my resume using Word. I have it all spaced nicely, with single, double and triple spacing to set off my sections. It even prints out this way and looks how I want it. But when I send it using Yahoo email... the spacing changes and it all becomes double spaced and I'm not happy with it. I sent it out to two companies before I discovered that it wasn't sending the way I thought it looked. Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks, Dawn

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Send the Word file as an attachment in Yahoo Mail. Don't paste the contents directly into an email, it very rarely likes it. Any decent company will have access to Microsoft Word or some program that can open Word files so I'd take it for granted.
Just use text such as "Please find attached my CV/Resume in Microsoft Word format".