Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista explorer.exe crash.

• Please log in to reply

TTopCamaro

TTopCamaro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't really know how to explain this, so I will as best I can. Since I've installed SP1, my explorer.exe crashes on a regular basis. I don't honestly believe SP1 is the problem, as everyone I've spoken to, as well as the other laptop I have, have never enountered any such problem. I don't quite understand why, but it seems as though MSN messenger might be causing the issue. I have my taskbar set to hide, and it gets stuck down for some reason. In any case, whenever I ctrl alt esc to get the task manager to come up, and someone IMs me on MSN (Causing the tasbar button to blink) it refreshes, and nothing is frozen for a while. After a bit of surfing and whatnot, it'll randomly get frozen up again, and sometimes I have to manually crash explorer.exe. If anyone else is getting this problem, or if someone might be able to help fix it, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm relatively good with PC's and so on, but this has me stumped. :)

Advertisements