Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my laptop crashed

• Please log in to reply

DoC870621345

DoC870621345

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok hooray i have an ibm thinkpad 380E (its old) anyways it crashed everything went bye bye so i formated it and partitioned the drive to fit my needs the cd drive is external and connects through the pcmcia slot but the fun part is the cd drive is generic and has no company so i cant find an exact driver and i tried some cardwiz program for dos and win 3.1 and it wont load it i have even put win 3.1 on it and tried and i get nothing but in the end i want win 95 back on it and a copy of my cd on the extra partition so i dont have to go through this again

but my main question is how do i get windows 95 on it if someone could point me into the direction of getting my pcmcia slots to work ( generic drivers and program ), or how to use interlnk and intersvr, or just an easy way to put the whole cd onto floppys so i can move it over (600 and some floppy disks yay) or any other easy way that you can come up with (not that this is easy but i dont want to go buy a new cd drive) i would greatly apperciate it

thanks alot in advance,
-DoC-

Edited by DoC870621345, 17 June 2004 - 11:47 AM.

Advertisements