Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers wont open certain websites

• Please log in to reply

coljung

coljung

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
[bleep], This whole day my browsers ( FF, IE 7) have had lots of trouble opening certain websites. It 's just random websites and it had never happened before, also i did not install or modify anything today or yesterday. Examples of pages not opening nytimes, bbc, flickr, facebook.

I've read many people have this happen to them and most of them haven't found a solution.

Some sites load but without the CSS and some others load but without the images.

And for example facebook was loading fine in IE and not FF, then a while after the homepage was loading on FF. Now is not loading at all in any of them. Just i had flickr opening for almost 5 minutes, and it just loaded but without the CSS.
If i check the CSS code from those sites that load partially, it is empty.

This is quite frustrating.

I also have Norton installed and tried disabling all the internet protections to no avail.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Edited by coljung, 25 April 2008 - 07:17 PM.

Advertisements

coljung

coljung

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
What baffles me is how some websites load as fast as usual , while some take ages to load and others won't load at all.

lem.rar

lem.rar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Have you tried using the web-browser "Opera"? Give it a try, see if it turns out for the best.

Have you modified your 'hosts' file?

Edited by lem.rar, 04 May 2008 - 02:49 AM.