Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with component compatability

• Please log in to reply

Juicy_Lucy

Juicy_Lucy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am having a pc built for me as I am just starting out as a graphic/web designer and have been given the list of parts that have been purchased for it. I was looking at the technical info and it said something about not being compatable with 32bit I have listed the parts below, can anyone please tell me if they will all be ok together as this is the first time I that I am getting one built, one day, hopefully I will be able to build my own!! and if there will be a problem with it then I would rather say something before its built rather than after when problems might start occuring. any advice would be much appreciated :)

EZCool Alpine 7104 Silver Case Midi - Apple G5 Design with aPFC 400W PSU

500 GB Maxtor STM3500320AS DiamondMax 22, SATA II, 7200 rpm, 32MB Cache, 8.5 ms, NCQ

Intel Core 2 Duo, E8400, Wolfdale Core, S775, 3.0 GHz, 1333MHz, 6MB Cache,

4GB (2x2GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 5-5-5-18

Optiarc/NEC AD-7200S-0S 20xDVD±R, 8xDVD±DL, DVD+RW x8/-RW x6, DVD-RAM x12, SATA, Silver, OEM,

Abit IP35V, iP35 Express, S 775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 1066/667/800 MHz, SATA II, ATX

512MB BFG Tech 8800GT OC, PCI-E 2.0, Mem 1800MHz GDDR3, GPU 625MHz, Streams 112, 2x DL DVI-I

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I cannot see where any of that hardware is NOT 32 bit compatible. I looked the MB up on the Abit website and can find no mention of this. I downloaded the Abit IP35 user manual and can find nothing there. I also cannot find anything on the BFG video card.

What i do see is that if you are going to run the 32 bit system you will NOT be able to see all of the memory. Windows will limit you to around 3.2 Gigs unless there have been some changes in Vista. A second thing is that your power supply could be pushed to the limit. I would prefer a Seasonic, or PC power & Cooling Power Supplys in the 500-650 watt range. They cost around $100, but are well worth the prices for their better quality.

SRX660