Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown spaces in Blogger

• Please log in to reply

Dreylivude

Dreylivude

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello everyone.

I made a portfolio website a while back in a course I had at school. It was made to show off our work and to send to possible employers. I really like how mine came out, it's simple, it works, it looks good. However, I've been wanting to add a blog to it for quite some time, so I think the best way for me to do that is to make my Blogger blog look like my website, and just link the two together.

So far it's been going really well, but I've been trying to add the same navigation bar that I have on my website and I'm getting these strange spaces between the buttons. If you look at my blog you'll see what I'm talking about. Just look at the Home, Portfolio, etc. Buttons and you can see those small spaces between the images.

It seems this only happens in firefox as well, because I looked at it in IE and it looks fine, no spaces.

I looked through the code, but I'm afraid I just don't know enough to figure out the issue, and would welcome some insight.

Here is the link to my Blog.

Once I get past this little issue I think I'm ok.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
I see what you mean. Opera has the "gaps" as well.

Not sure if this is any help, but you can have a look untill one of our experts shows up.
The css validator coughs up a few errors:
http://jigsaw.w3.org...t...g=1&lang=en

Dreylivude

Dreylivude

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Thanks, I'll have a look at those errors and see if anything pops out.

I have a feeling it's because of a height value somewhere. I know IE doesn't usually listen to height values which would be why there are no gaps in IE, where as firefox does. I'm not sure about Opera. I just have no idea where to look for it.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Usually Opera and FireFox are more compliant to standards then IE.
When I first saw it I was thinking off the padding but I couldn't find anything wrong in yours.
May have missed it though.