AVG last night found a virus a generally ignored and removed with AVG.
This morning a got a pop-up advertisement to buy security software and after a few google searches found out about Vermunde. I was told to download the following programs:
Avira AntiVirus (to replace AVG)
Spybot Search & Destroy (really I just had to update this)
Note: I used Highjack This, but it never came up in the report O2, O20, O23 areas.
First I ran Spybot Search & Destory, which found 2 cases of Vermunde and 6 cases of Vermunde.dll. I removed these.
As soon as I installed the Avira, I kept getting a message that TR/Vundo.Gen was found in the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvuopget.dll
I then ran vundofix and VirtuMundoBeGone as instructed on any thread you read about this topic. vundofix managed to delete a ppwf***.dll file. I apologize for not knowing the full name, but if you use CCleaner and check the start up programs, you'll find it.
However Avira kept finding the above wvuopget.dll file. After clicking delete numerous times, I clicked 'Rename.' This changed the name of the .dll file to wvuopget.vir003.
Next I ran VundoFix again and right clicked on the white area (main part of the screen) and added the above .vir003 file. Again, I clicked removed.
I then booted up my computer and have no more warnings from Avira and everything is working at normal speed now.
I know this isn't a very detailed thread, but I'm hoping someone can use who knows enough of the situation can use this to quickly fix this virus.