I would not mind taking a small risk of clicking on their d/l their activex as long as I could reduce it to as small as possible.
My system is an e-machine with XP home. I use the IE browser.
I have the following security:
1. Norton IS 2008 which I bought
2. Spyblaster 4.0 which I d/l for free a few days ago
3. ESET online scanner the free version
I ran a scan with all three a few days ago and found no problems.
I also recently d/l Adobe Flash Player 9 Activex
I guess that my questions are:
1. Should I d/l some additional security programs first?
2. If one of my security programs detect a dangerous add on program will it block installation of the complete activex control and thus entry to the websites or just the dangerous, unwanted part?
3. Should I not take the risk, no matter how small?
4. Are these security systems compatible with each other?