Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD with new mobo

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
i was having problems with BSOD with my current build. purchased a new mobo from newegg. get BSOD each time i try to install new operating system.

STOP: 0x0000000a (0x9ce73fbe, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8883ae9b)

any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
double post

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 29 April 2008 - 09:40 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
SYMPTOMS
When you are upgrading your computer from Microsoft Windows 98 or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) to Windows XP, you may receive the following error message:
Stop 0x0000000A irql_not_less_or_equal

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if there is incompatible hardware or an incompatible device driver on your computer.

RESOLUTION
If you receive this error message, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Restart the computer and see if you receive an option to revert back to a previous operating system. Choose this option if it is displayed. If you do not receive the option to revert to a previous operating system, skip to step 3.
2. When your computer starts Windows 98 or Windows Me, uninstall any antivirus software and boot manager software (such as Roxio GoBack), and then "clean boot" your computer by using the information in one of the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
267288 (http://support.micro...b/267288/EN-US/) How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows Millennium Edition
192926 (http://support.micro...b/192926/EN-US/) How to Perform Clean-Boot Troubleshooting for Windows 98
After your computer starts in the "clean boot" environment, try to upgrade to Windows XP again. If the upgrade procedure does not work and you receive the same error message, the problem may be a hardware problem.

3. Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer. Disconnect any Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices and printers, and remove the network adapter, sound card, serial adapters, and so on.
4. If you continue to receive this error message, you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer's motherboard. Refer to the manufacturer of your computer or the Web site for the motherboard for information about how to do this.

If the above does not help then it is time to start replacing hardware until you find the problem. I had a problem with a SATA data cable that caused this error. It could also be a bad hard drive, bad format on the HD, bad memory stick among other problems. You will just have to experiment to find out.

SRX660

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
this may help...

How to install a new motherboard without reinstalling Windows.. go here...