Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

movie editing and un-install software

• Please log in to reply

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hi there everyone

I've had alot of people asking me these same questions every week and am having a little trouble trying to find a nice, simple solution. What we need is another movie editor which is freeware and has alot of nice useful tools, my-self personally I use Movie Maker which is good enough for my needs but this person needs something a little better.

Also this is probably a straight no :) looking for a good un-installer program that can remove programs that just refuse to go, I have had a few people asking about this, I have tried the Brute Force Uninstaller but couldn't understand how to use it so I left it alone.

Any help/advice on this would be most appreciated

Cheers

wizzy

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Define "little better". What exactly does your friend want to do? You can get professional packages that cost the earth that do the same job but a lot comes down to what you want to do exactly.

Easiest way to get shot of stubborn programs is Google to see if they have a removal tool for it. Norton Removal Tool, for example, gets shot of any version of Norton on the computer for those occasions when it really screws itself up. Same applies to Nero, Panda, McAfee and possibly many other programs. Failing those manual removal instructions are often available.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hiya Neil Jones

Issue about removal process has been resolved :)

He doesn't need it professionally, he's making a film and needs to remix parts, copy parts from one place to another, do titles, subtitles, credits etc....and also he may need to alter brightness and contrast if possible but this isn't a must, I did say just to use movie maker but he doesn't like it.

Another thing he needs it for is he is making his own songs and wants to embed his songs into the movie.

I hope that has helped in some way

wizzy