Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOE 3 Who's Ready?

• Please log in to reply

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hey guys

Has anyone seen those screenshots for Age of Empires 3. It's amazing. I can't wait till it comes out. It looks so sweet. If you haven't heard a lot about it, google it. You'll be blown away by the screenshots. I can't wait till it comes. Prepare to upgrade your graphics cards though. It's really going to be graphical intensive. I'm talking about graphics as good if not better than Half Life 2. It's probilly going to be 3 gb too. I can't stand how big newer games are getting. I need more HD Space. Let me know what you think about it.

Advertisements

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I guess you guys aren't AOE fans are u. Anyway, I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it. The realism is amazing. For example: if you hit a building with a cannon ball...the house will be shown getting hit from the side the cannonball hit. Another awsome thing is that the units have individual parts. things like their backpacks, guns, and items are seperate from them. So eveything moves according to the characters movements and actions. I can't wait.

It's coming out in late summer I think. Anyway, check out the screenshots

David

El Barto

El Barto

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
'Ello,

I am a AoE fan, not a very big fan but Ihave all of them so far (except for that PS2 version, or was that Age of Methology?). Still I can't wait for the 3rd one to come, gone be buying it the second the stores are open if I can :tazz:.

Kixkizzle

Kixkizzle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yeah it's gonna be awesome :tazz:

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Im glad you decided to join bob. I love this forum. It's so helpfull for guys who seem to be having problems. Anyway, Thanx. You'll see me posting here quite a lot. Their is a a lot of good stuff available for u to use and learn about

David

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Is no one here a AOE fan??? I question all of your gaming "rights". Ok, here's a question, which one do you think will be a better strategy game when it comes out... Civ 4 or AOE 3. AOE has better graphics, Civ involves better strategy and more advance tactics

Let me know what you think

David

white_dragon

white_dragon

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i cant wait for AoE to come out... i loved those games, spent hours on those games....and the screens look great, let's just hope that they don't put the specs too high for the game...

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
I have Age of Empires 1.. And the second one..
I didn't know about coming 3 version.
I'm going to google for screenshots right away.
Have to buy it when it comes. ;)

- Rawe :tazz:

Though I don't play any other games, than Age of Empires and Heroes Of Might And Magic...

white_dragon

white_dragon

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
lol, heroes of might and magic....now that game pwned. what a coincedence, i reinstalled the game last weekend again and the addiction has hit me again:P... But i have always loved the AoE series...

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Thank you white dragon for reviving this topic back to life. I do believe you can offically say that you are one of the 3 elite fans of AOE and its magnificient gameplay

David

Advertisements

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Ok

I figured I'd would get more people interested if I posted some of the great screenshots and give you guys the link for the info. by the way...The specs are going to be equal if not more than that of doom 3. they can't create such a high powered and high graphics game without making it processor intensive. Ok here's the offical website and some sites for the screenshots

http://www.actiontri...fempires3.phtml

http://media.pc.game...644/imgs_1.html

http://media.pc.ign....644/imgs_1.html

http://specialreserv..._Of_3689_r.html

K. I'll post some screenshots now. It'll be big, so it may take a while to load. Exspecially if your running a 56k connection. (who uses 56k anymore anyway?)

David

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
AOE III Screenshots

JL3689_a.jpg

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
AOE III Screenshots

JL3689_c.jpg

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
AOE III SCREENSHOTS

JL3689_e.jpg

Edited by Technogeek8, 03 May 2005 - 11:46 AM.

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
AOE III SCREENSHOTS