Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

usb flash drive problem

• Please log in to reply

bardan79

bardan79

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is what is happening

The stick is a USB 2.0 Pen Drive Here are the details of the pen drive I bought off Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com....:B:EOIBSA:AU:31

1 Computer accepts pendrive as a USB storage device and formats it.
2 The computer allocates it as F Drive on my computer
3 When left click on F Drive icon asks for disk to be inserted into F drive.
4 When attempting to send/copy files to the Pen Drive a box comes up to insert disk into F Drive.
5 I have gone into Disk Manager where both Hard Drives C and E are recognised. Disk E is called Disk 0 while Disk C is called Disk 1 The DVDdisk is called CD-ROM 0. Both E and C disk are "On Line"
6 The pen drive is allocated Disk F and it states it is unrecognised.
7 When I trouble shoot it states there are no problems and that the device is working properly
8 I have tried to use the pen drive in most of the USB ports with the same results.
9 I have attempted to google the problem however none of the help has fixed the problem. It seems the most advice centers around changing the F letter of the allocated drive to another letter however it does not give me this option as it does not recognise the usb pendrive although
it has given it a letter F Drive.
10 I downloaded Swiss Knife to see if I could reformat the pen drive however when I go to do it comes up with a read/write error.
11 When I go into the properties of the pen drive it is a little confusing as it states it is a usb device but little else.

Any help would be great. Thankyou

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Try the drive on another computer.
If it behaves in the same way I would argue its defective. According to the eBay item send it back within 14 days. So do that.

Edited by Neil Jones, 01 May 2008 - 02:26 PM.