Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firewall which works with F-secure..?

• Please log in to reply

neil

neil

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I work both from home and the office and when I am at work I sit behind the offices firewall, however when I am at home I need my own firewall. The problem is I have F-secure virus checker and this seems to have compatibility problems with lots of the free Firewalls. Zone Alarm said it was not compatible and I now seem to be getting problems with Sygate as well.

I seem to get a lot of traffic "blocked" and warrnings for hyjacking by F-secure files. The problem is that F-secure uses so many different files and I don't know which one to grant access eg fsgk32gt, gatekeeper handler ll all of which come out of the f-secure directory, but how do I know which one are real and if any are 'imposters'. It all seems very confusing.

I wondered if there was a firewall (preferably a freeware) which works well with F-secure?

Thanks for any help!
/neil

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well, thats a tough question. F-secure makes a internet security 2005 firewall, trend micro's internet security 2005 firewall. not much info regarding what is compatable, only whats not.

maybe Norton Internet Security as well?

Sorry, not much to work with here.

Starjax