Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do I Become Member Of Geekstogo.com So I Can Help Others?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I've noticed the abysmal lack of help in the audio and video section of geekstogo.com forums. There are people that leave questions for over a month without replies. This goes to show the lack of audio and video knowledge by elite members of geekstogo.com.

I've been an audio and video engineer for over 10 years. & I'd like to know how I can become part of the elite members club that helps other members. Now I don't know what rank I'd would become, or am asking to be>>> "Member · GeekU · Staff · Moderator · Global Moderator · Administrator"????

All I know is I want to help others from time to time when I can, and be known as part of the elite members here by having my status displayed under my user name so I can feel that I am being appreciated for posting back instead of just helping others as a normal member. Go ahead and check the audio and video forums and see how deserted it is... And how many people I've helped. Nearly everyone in the past few months has been helped or has had their problem solved by me. I didn't notice the lack of help in that thread till recently so if I would have known I'd have done it.

Edited by superstar, 01 May 2008 - 01:45 PM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Members of the Tech Staff are chosen based on their work on the boards. You do not need to be staff to help people in the audio forums. If you become proficient at helping people in your area of expertise, another member of the staff will notice you and nominate you to become staff.

Thats the basics of how it works. There is no application process. You work, we notice you.

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Great... Thanks.

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I've been trying to help everyone I can at the digital video and audtio section. I'm actually the only main poster there as my name is on the end of every thread... You can check :) But hey I also wanted to ask if the same rules apply to staff. For example your not expected to help everyone everyday and every minute are you? Or just when you can?

Edited by superstar, 02 May 2008 - 11:15 AM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
This site is run by volunteers. We make no demands as to our volunteers time.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could also join GeekU if you'd like to try to fight malware/spyware
http://www.geekstogo...ware-t4817.html