Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GMail!

• Please log in to reply

Dudemellow

Dudemellow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Everyone is rushing out to snatch up a Gmail account but doesn't the idea of a company like Google, who is in the business of collecting and sharing information, having access to your private emails kind of make you nervous. It makes me nervous.

Creepy Gmail

I think most people here are intelligent enough to decide for themselves and way the pros against the cons but I thought I should put this out there.

Peace.

Advertisements

partyben

partyben

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I dont think there gonna read peoples E-Mails coz they'd be in breech of Data Protection act.

I guess we'll never know.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Yeah, then Google would be shut down for good.

Wade05

Wade05

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Excuse the ignorance, please...but what the heck is a "gmail" ?? :tazz: ;)

partyben

partyben

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
To be completeley honest I dont get what the fuss is!! Why r google any more evil than Yahoo or Hotmail??

Just for you, a G-Mail accouint is a regular free e-mail account. This is a free service started by google the search engine much like Hotmail (Microsoft), Yahoo Mail and many many others! The only fifferance is there are no storage limits. Originally they were set at 1Gb but they're constantly increasing this size and I think its upto aroung 2.5Gb per person.

So I dont really understand why there policys on security,account privacy etc are any differant from yahoo or hotmail.

I guess were all gonna have are own opinions on this but if you trust one company to hold all your e-mail such as yahoo then i'd say I trust G-Mail aswell.

:tazz: Thanks ;)