Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

outback_2007

outback_2007

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I have Toshiba Satellite A55-S1063, and Upon Boot, before bios screen loads I get a Enter Password. This computer was bought from a guy who was told buy Toshiba that it needed to be sent in to fix the password prolem, it was booting up or down, and had a sudden lose of power and caused the it to ask for a password. He never entered/ or created a password of his own.

This is a common problem with this model, and others I have seen on the net. This laptop has had the numbers run buy Toshiba, and is not HOT/Stolen, it was sold as is buy the owner. He would not pay the $150.00 and send it in for repair.

So he sold it to my Boss, he runs a computer repair shop in town, and he told me if I can fix it, he'll let me have it, if not, he's may just sell it for parts.

And here I am, what I need to find is a Motherboard schmatics, or someone who can tell me where the EEPROM chip is located. And I know the risks of what I'm doing, if I mess it up, no big deal.

Appreciate any help..............

Advertisements

davyburns

davyburns

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I know its obvious, but sometimes the most obvious things get missed - have you tried disconnecting all power, and removing the cmos battery for a few seconds? probably wont work, but its worth a try
Davy

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Although your request to bypass this password may be legitimate, we have no way of knowing for sure. Therefore, our policy is to decline all requests for help in bypassing any passwords for any reason. This topic is closed.