Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suddenly blocked from www.youtube.com

• Please log in to reply

markw47

markw47

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I visit youtube every day to watch music and political videos. I have never had a problem. Just a few moments ago I was looking at some hearings from the House where someone was grilling Rumsfeld on the controversial military contractor Dynacorp's. Off to the right side of the video I was watching was a view of related videos. I clicked on a short one (under a minute) tagged something about Dynacorp's K9 dogs in Iraq.

I suddenly received a message with a yellow triangle: Firefox can't find the server at www.youtube.com.I opened IE and got the following message: Sorry, we couldn't find http://www.youtube.com/

Can anyone help me with this one? I have an e-machine with XP home.
NortonIS2008 and Spyblaster are installed. I shut down and restarted but still get the same messages.

Thanks,
Mark

Advertisements

lem.rar

lem.rar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Open up CMD, and type "ping youtube.com", tell me what happens.