Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows vista

• Please log in to reply

sylvia53

sylvia53

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello....I'm having problems signing on with my user account on my desktop,it's been working lovely until now and when I put in my password it tells me that log on failed and cannot load my profile settings.As I have wireless connections and I can log in with my laptop(windows xp)it can't be anything with IP (aol). So if anyone can help I would be very grateful. Sylvia53. :)

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hi there sylvia53 and welcome to geeks to go.

Please read this post completely, it may make it easier for you if you copy and paste this post to a new text document or print it for reference later.

From what I understand you are having problems logging into your user account. What you can try is create a new user account under the main administrator account.
To do this start up your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

When you come to the login screen you should see an account called Administrator login to this account then create a new account.

To create a new account please follow these instructions

click start then click control panel
click user account and family safety
Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts
Click Create a new account
Then type in the account name followed by the account type. (example administrator or standard)
Click Create Account
Click the account you just created and click Create a password
Type in a password of your choice followed by a password hint incase you forget this
Click Create password then you should be done.

Restart your machine and see if you can login to this account.

Please let us know how you get along.

Thanks

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello sylvia53,
I would like to clarify;
  • What user account are you trying to log in to?
  • Can you use the Vista computer at all?
  • Are you trying to log on to an account on a server?
Please let me know so that I can better help you.