Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Advicce needed

• Please log in to reply

WildMan279

WildMan279

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
OK, so basically, I want to get a new graphics card for my computer and I need some advice
Right now I have and NVIDIA Ge Force FX 5200, and I didn't buy it for gaming, I just needed an S-video port (which my integrated graphics didn't have)

But now I am getting a little bit more into gaming and I want a new card.
But I have kind of run into a small bums, most of the graphics cards that i have found on various sites are all PCI Express or AGP. My computer has only standard PCI slots. So what PCI cards are out there for less than $200 that could at least decently play a game like COD4 or UT2004?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
PCI Graphics Cards are dead in the water. Even low-end AGP cards deliver far better performance than a PCI one ever will.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I'm guessing that you only have a PCI slot and not AGP? The most I've ever seen for a PCI was 256mb and that is an obsolete type. And that was a couple of years ago.