Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tasl manager isn't working properly

• Please log in to reply

kymommy

kymommy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I click alt ctrl del when usually the taskmgr pops up i get only a box that has
USER ID Status Client Name Session
0 Active Console.
All of the tabs that were on the top of this window usually are gone. I only get the option to Disconnect or Log Off. There isn't even an x at the top of the box to x it off. I think what may have done this is I purchased a registry cleaner. After running it my computer was somewhat faster and it was days later that I used the alt, ctrl, del again. Everytime I get the same window. I have tried doing system restores, restores saved from the registry cleaner nothing has helped. Would anyone have any clue as to what is going on with my computer. Thank you for reading and hopefully you can help me
Thanks
Glenda

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello kymommy...

Double click on the border anywhere outside the "list field" and the tabs should reappear.

wannabe1

kymommy

kymommy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Boy do I feel like a dummy. Thank you so much. I have fought with this for days and days. :)
I honestly thought I had done something very bad. Thank you.
Kymommy

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
My pleasure... :)

A lot of people don't know that task manager has the "Tiny Mode" view as well as the regular view. Double clicking the border will toggle between views.