Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Machine keeps rebooting...

• Please log in to reply

prollie

prollie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
just as system begins to load preferences after entering password.

Recent activity just prior to the onset of the reboots - I installed Symantec Antivirus for Server 9.0 on our server, and deployed it to this particular machine. When I went to this machine to check on it, it gave an error in loading/starting the program so I went to reboot. Then the rebooting automatically began. I ran the latest NAV update and scanned the system prior to installation.

I've tried booting up in Safe Mode and all it does is freeze the machine. I can't seem to get into the OS at all.

Suggestions?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try last known goof config?

prollie

prollie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried it but it started the reboot again. However, I gave it ago one more time and I have gotten into the OS. Strange considering... but I'll go with it.

I'm running a virus scan with the new AV to check for any viruses. Keeping fingers crossed it doesn't stop and reboot again. But it did give me an error when it started stating something about not being able to initilize NAVAP Device or something like that. (didn't get it down on paper quick enough) Hope that is not a bad sign. Will run some anti-spyware once AV is complete.