Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best gaming computer for 700$?

• Please log in to reply

G33KSQU3AK

G33KSQU3AK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all, I would like a new computer! woohoo!

What do you think would be the best gaming computer for 700$?

PLEASE, BUILD ME A COMPUTER

I am doing serious gaming..

Get the parts from new egg, etc

I don't need keyboard,monitor

THANKS!

FIRST POST!

Edited by G33KSQU3AK, 07 May 2008 - 05:46 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Before we begin, do you have any preferences you'd like to include - such as a specific part or brand? For example, do you want an Nvidia graphics card, do you wish to use an AMD processor, do you like a particular case from a certain manufacturer?

Do you want to use XP or Vista?

Cheers

Troy

ziggy16

ziggy16

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Also, I may add its a challenge to build a great gamer for under $700...but you could def. get a good build though. Check out my wishlist.. I am building this with in a week or two and its about $775 dollars with rebates. You could switch out my CPU for a less expensive one..but thats really it. If you are doing serious gaming, you are going to want that 8800gt. That power supply is going to be needed too because anything cheaper, you risk damaging the system..etc. You could try to find a less expensive case, but for $79.99 with the rebate, that case is to die for. See what you think. For future though, a SERIOUS gamer is going to cost you something like $1500 bucks.

https://secure.neweg....asp?ID=7707352