Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photoshop Premiere Froze! I was nearly done...

• Please log in to reply

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I was using Photoshop Premiere for the first time today because I just got it for my birtday. I decided to edit one of my videos I took at school, and after five hours of editing and about to finish. It froze. I had trusted it all that time not to freeze like Windows Movie Maker does.

I noticed ever so often, something would come up saying "Saving...". I think it was saving my project somewhere, but I don't know where.

Can someone help me recover my project please?

Or is there no way to?

Advertisements

MadnessProtection

MadnessProtection

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
The normal saving location for Premier will be in the area you stored it in. Normally in a file called Adobe Premier Auto-Save or something similar

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Thanks. I found only five different files each saved 20 minutes after each other. They were all near the beginning of my editing so It didn't help.

When it froze, it was like nothing was wrong and the thing saying It has stopped working popped up for no reason at all. The video I was working on was still playing with the sound working and everything.

And I don't know if this has any relevance to what made it freeze, but it was exactly 12:00 midnight when it froze.

MadnessProtection

MadnessProtection

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Did you import something into your library at this point?
What were you doing before it crashed because sometimes this can be the reason for it crashing

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
All I did was press play to watch the whole thing before I saved it. Then it turned pale and to not recording a quarter way through.