Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloader.trojan leftover windows on start

• Please log in to reply

keltoid

keltoid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had Downloader. trojan -- followed directions by NAV to remove it and it did.

However, I still have 2 sets of nagging windows pop up upon start - I looked in the registry but couldn't identify what it is.

The first one basically says"Windows cannot find (then there are 7 foreign character rectangle boxes - a space - then 14 more) -- Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again."

When you click out the next box says "Could not load or run (the 7 and 14 rectangle box characters) specified in the registry. remove reference to file in registry" etc. Which I would, if I knew which ones.

There are two sets of these windows -- and then two folders open up. One is System32 and the other is ATI, which has nothing in it, but I would assume is for ATI Catalyst Media Center, ATI Remote Wonder -- and.. my graphics card??

Can anyone help me? :)

Advertisements